Operation Manager Cover Letter
Operation Managers are responsible for planning and coordinating operations in an organization with the purpose of improving productivity and efficiency. This is a complex role, including a variety of responsibilities, such as supervision, budgeting, human resources, production, marketing, sales, and customer service. Operation Managers complete tasks such as developing budgets, maintaining inventories, implementing new technologies, finding ways to reduce costs, and overseeing quality assurance programs.
A sample cover letter for Operation Manager usually highlights the following qualifications:
- Business environment knowledge
- Familiarity with organization procedures
- Planning and organization
- Critical thinking
- Problem-solving orientation
- Communication and networking
- Negotiation and conflict management
- Stress tolerance
- Computer competences
Comparable Operation Manager skills are presented in the cover letter example displayed below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Operation Manager Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Wright:
With the enclosed resume, I would like to express my sincere interest in the Operation Manager position you have available. As a highly skilled and successful leader with comprehensive experience coordinating personnel, equipment, resources, and general logistics while ensuring stringent compliance to regulations, I possess a wide range of knowledge and skills that will allow me to contribute toward the success of your company.
My expertise lies in successfully managing operational processes, developing best practices, planning inventory, monitoring equipment and personnel logistical activities, and leveraging internal systems to facilitate improved efficiency and performance. Through my more than 12 years of experience, I have become adept in ensuring adherence to organizational goals and requirements while facilitating streamlined logistical operations and motivating team members to peak performance levels.
The following achievements demonstrate my qualification for this position:
- Achieving a record of success in managing strategic logistics / operational planning and execution, mentoring high-performing personnel, overseeing fiscal and budget responsibilities, and maintaining accountability for up to $4.75M worth of equipment.
- Spearheading resource allocation, regulatory compliance, purchasing and procurement, data analysis, records management, and overarching operations to achieve deadlines and requirements.
- Continually improving internal processes and procedures to boost efficiency, reduce costs, and ensure seamless operations.
- Overseeing all facets of special projects from inception through execution, identifying and securing necessary resources, equipment, and staff to meet project deadline and budgetary requirements.
- Earning a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration & Management from the University of Toledo.
My proven ability to optimize operations and team success—along with my solid skills in problem solving, critical decision making, and communication—will contribute immensely to the success of your company. Thank you for your consideration; I look forward to speaking with you soon.
Daniel B. Burlee
123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999
- Cell: 555-123-9876
RE: Athletes and Sports Competitors, August 27, 2014
Dear Hiring Manager,
I would like to give you a brief overview of my qualifications and experience. As a PGA professional with exceptional management skills, I offer expertise that will benefit your organization.
My background includes experience managing general operations of a golf department and developing my own marketing brand as a golf instructor. As a Manager of the Golf Department at Dick’s Sporting Goods, I demonstrate outstanding leadership in managing up to 6 direct reports in increasing sales from $1M to $1.3M. I excel in member relations and customer service, having conducted over 75 custom club fittings annually. In addition, I instruct 10-20 clinics a year for juniors, women, beginners, and local high school golfers as part of my GoLo Golf Academy business.
Key qualifications include:
- Golf operations and general management expert with a specialization in training staff on customer/member service excellence.
- Networking and client relations skills gained from directing own referral-based golf instruction business GoLo Golf Academy.
- Certified Professional Golf Operations, PGA of America Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
- Publications in Golf Illustrated, Mid-Hudson Valley Guide to Golf, and New York Post, 1999-2010.
To complement this background, I earned a Bachelor of Science from Syracuse University.
My enclosed resume will give you a better understanding of my background and skills. Please feel free to call at any time to discuss the requirements of this position.