The Top 20 Economics Term Paper Ideas for College Students
Economics deals with the production, distribution, and consumption of services and goods and how this is managed. When you have to write a term paper for your economics class, these are some really good term paper topics to consider. There are two main areas of economics which are macroeconomics and microeconomics. If you are in either course, you may want to write about a topic referring to your course of study. Microeconomics is focused on individual households and companies and their behavior. Macroeconomics focuses on the economy as a whole. Make sure to choose the right topic idea for the course you are in if you are in a microeconomics class or a macroeconomics class instead of a general economics class.
- Has the demand for oil changed over the last decade?
- Has BP recovered from its catastrophic mistake?
- How is the supply of corn affected by the weather this year?
- How have the consumption patterns changed in households this year?
- Evaluate the functions of different market structures in the auto industry
- Evaluate the functions of different market structures in the appliance industry
- Evaluate the functions of different market structures in the food industry
- Determine if wage-price rose of fell this year
- Unemployment in America compared to the rest of the World
- Labor unions in various industries
- Labor unions in different market structures
- Pricing policies in various market structures
- Pricing strategies and there effects on pricing wars
- Pricing strategies and competitive advantage
- Effects of globalization
- Discuss the effects of the current fiscal policy
- How interest rates influence consumer spending
- Effects of gambling
- Effects of immigration
- Causes of depressions
These are some great topics that you can write your term paper on. You can use one of these to write about or just use them to get an idea of a similar topic. After you have choose a topic, the next step is to create an outline. A lot of writers skip this topic but when writing a paper of this magnitude, you definitely want to develop your outline as you do your research. It will help you stay organized and keep you on track towards proving your thesis statement. Your thesis statement will be the main point that you are trying to make. Good luck.
What Are the Easiest Research Paper Topics in Economics?
Economic issues and topics can change daily, but this doesn’t mean there aren’t plenty of interesting and relevant research paper topics you could choose from. Here are some of the easiest research paper topics you can choose that are interesting and provide you with what you need to earn a great grade:
- Gambling and local economies: Years of research are point to the wealth opportunities that gambling creates for local economies, yet many people aren’t willing to bring gambling into their cities. Would this be a good thing?
- Immigration and its effect on commerce: Many community officials say that immigration boosts local business. But there are others who say immigration reduces available jobs for citizens and thus hurts their buying power and the economy. What does your research show?
- Domestic wealth gap – rich and poor: What does research say about the problem of domestic poverty and its effect on the nation’s economy. Are there solutions that governments should consider? Should governments or private organizations bear any of the responsibility?
- The economics of healthcare: How exactly does economics fit into a nation’s healthcare policies? Do current regulations hinder or help medical research and the development of cures? Would relaxing on some regulations or being more strict help the nation’s economy?
- Chances of another Great Depression: Considering the causes of the first Great Depression in the 1930s and the recent global depression in the last decade, what are the chances that we’ll encounter another great depression in the next 10 years? In the next 20 years? What does research show?
- Outsourcing jobs and local economies: How many jobs have been lost because of outsourcing and how does the increase in unemployment affect the nation’s overall economy. What costs, exactly, are saved by the company and the consumer and is there a clear winner?
- Raising the minimum wage across industries: In what ways would raising the minimum wage affect the nation’s economy? Would more companies lose many and would it lead to increased unemployment? What other solutions are there that the federal government should consider?
- Bankruptcy and lessons learned: What are the long-term differences in outlook between an individual who declares bankruptcy and a company? Which has a greater impact (negative or positive) on the nation’s economy and what can be done to leverage a more equal opportunity?
These are just a few great ideas to help inspire you to write a great Economics research paper. Take these and consider them from different angles to ensure you are taking a fresh perspective on whichever topic you choose.